...cause sometimes you just need a baking session before you casually perform in an Indian Bhangra show on a casual Friday night.
So, arm yourself with the following and get excited cause these things are effing phenomenal.
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
just a rittle bit o salt
1 teaspoon baking soda (re: another tsp baking powder cause you can't find the god damn baking soda to save your life)
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon milk
teeny tiny bit of vanilla extract (finger-to-bowl-to-mouth test proved the batter so good pre-vanilla that I was hesitant to put any in at all, but its just one of those things your supposed to put in cookies all the time always no matter what as though there's some sort of vanilla extract mafia just waiting for you to screw up if you don't... so I did it)
2 cups (plus more depending on what kind of mood your in) chocolate chips
In one bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. In that bowl's slightly larger cousin, combine pumpkin, sugar, egg, and oil.
NOW PAY ATTN CAUSE IT'S ABOUT TO GET REAL: put the baking soda (or last tsp baking powder, as the case may be) INTO a little thing of milk. The word "dissolve" would come in handy here, if I weren't allergic to science.
Now add that crazy white stuff to its wet friends. Add all dry stuff to all the wet stuff (if you wanna feel fancy, employ the old add-some-then-mix-then-add-more-then-mix trick... as though that somehow affects ANYTHING.) Throw in lots and lots of chocolate chips. Then...
"Drop by rounded tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes."
... jklolz I don't actually give a shit how big you make your cookies, I've just always wanted to write that. Cook for 10ish minutes (again, depending on your cooking machine), put onto plate to cool, leave out, and await late-night roommate freakout when they find them. Consider self Christmas hero.
Note: picture not even a little bit mine, but I swear this is what they looked like.
So, arm yourself with the following and get excited cause these things are effing phenomenal.
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
just a rittle bit o salt
1 teaspoon baking soda (re: another tsp baking powder cause you can't find the god damn baking soda to save your life)
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon milk
teeny tiny bit of vanilla extract (finger-to-bowl-to-mouth test proved the batter so good pre-vanilla that I was hesitant to put any in at all, but its just one of those things your supposed to put in cookies all the time always no matter what as though there's some sort of vanilla extract mafia just waiting for you to screw up if you don't... so I did it)
2 cups (plus more depending on what kind of mood your in) chocolate chips
In one bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. In that bowl's slightly larger cousin, combine pumpkin, sugar, egg, and oil.
NOW PAY ATTN CAUSE IT'S ABOUT TO GET REAL: put the baking soda (or last tsp baking powder, as the case may be) INTO a little thing of milk. The word "dissolve" would come in handy here, if I weren't allergic to science.
Now add that crazy white stuff to its wet friends. Add all dry stuff to all the wet stuff (if you wanna feel fancy, employ the old add-some-then-mix-then-add-more-then-mix trick... as though that somehow affects ANYTHING.) Throw in lots and lots of chocolate chips. Then...
"Drop by rounded tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes."
... jklolz I don't actually give a shit how big you make your cookies, I've just always wanted to write that. Cook for 10ish minutes (again, depending on your cooking machine), put onto plate to cool, leave out, and await late-night roommate freakout when they find them. Consider self Christmas hero.
Note: picture not even a little bit mine, but I swear this is what they looked like.

No comments:
Post a Comment