subtitle?

.... A terrifying glimpse inside the minds of two Georgetown "graduate" chefs.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

THE CHEESER

Its simple. Its understated. It may or may not be laced with crack. But you know what? Sometimes the best things are.
Misleadingly elegant portrayal of the cheeser.
Ingredients:
-- Pillsbury crescent rolls (the dough, still stuck together, uncooked)
-- 8oz block of cream cheeze (the full fat kind. Seriously you can't use reduced fat. I know I struggled with it too. You'll be okay)
-- Wheat Thins (these can be reduced fat. in fact they should be cause you're about to eat a block of cream cheese you fatty)

Prepare yourself to be loved. Seriously.

Roll out the crescent rolls on a baking sheet. Put the block of cream cheese in the center of the dough lengthwise. Press down on it with your fingers to make it a bit wider (wider = more cheeser in your future). Take the left and right sides of the dough and cover the cream cheese, meeting in the middle. You should have about 2-3 extra inches of dough at the other 2 ends, make that neat and fold it on top. So you have a little cheeser present.

Bake at 350 til it looks like a cheeser. I don't know exactly how else to say it, but it take like 12-15ish. The dough should be cooked (the top will be the last part to fully cook, so watch that), but it should still be soft. You don't want to cook the dough til its flaky the way crescent rolls are supposed to be though cause then they'll separate AND LIFE WILL BE AWFUL FOR YOU.

Immediately transfer to a plate using 2 spatulas, put Wheat Thins on either side. The cheeser will be eaten by hand, using the Wheat Thins.  Now be careful, cause this next part is tricky. Cautiously approach living room and place cheeser on coffee table, pull back hands immediately or you WILL get bitten.


The cheeser does things to people. Messy things.


But it is beautiful. I swear. And it makes life good.

Photos © Beegs & Sugarloaf

5 comments:

  1. As an avid Crack Den Cookies blog follower (seriously... I really want to make that bacon bouquet), I thought you'd appreciate the fact that Vanity Fair has run 2 articles with recipes that are NEARLY as fantabulous as yours. I thought you'd appreciate the fact that recipes like these could actually get you published in an amazing magazine some day:

    http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2011/12/recipes-for-the-disaffected-lady-201112

    http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2012/01/Treats-for-the-Disaffected-20-Something-Part-II-emFromage-Chaudem-and-emGlace-Fraises-Kiwiem

    ReplyDelete
  2. (which is to say, DREAM BIG CRACK DEN COOKIES IS GOING TO MAKE YOU FAMOUS)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It may or may not be laced with crack. But you know what? Sometimes the best things are."

    Shameless self-promotion, though subtle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out the first and third word of this post. I THOUGHT I TAUGHT YOU BETTER THAN THAT, KILBRIDE.

    I mean, I love you, I really truly do, but remember how the apostrophe serves as the referee breaking up a fight between Chris and Cashmere?

    ReplyDelete